While growing up in a small town in the eastern state of Bengal (India), our summer vacations would be spent in Kolkata at the maternal grandparents’ home. My grandfather would tell us haunting stories of poverty, hunger and death in the most quotidian manner. In doing so, he sought to make the spontaneity and unpredictability of life “knowable”.
- Welcome to Cati Coe, AAGE’s New President-Elect!
- Welcome to Erika Carrillo, AAGE’s New Secretary!
- AGENET 2021 AVA Award and Slow Conference
- AAGE at the American Anthropological Association Annual Meeting (Nov 17-21, 2021), Baltimore
- AAA Interest Group/AAGE Annual Business Meeting and Virtual Auction