AAGE hosts conferences and workshops to bring together members and other parties interested in age-related research.
The 2020 AAGE conference theme is “Aging and Social Justice,” and it will be entirely online, kicking off 27th June and slowly continuing until 31st of August. More details here.
Past meetings include:
- 2017 “Culture, Commitment, and Care Across the Life Course” Held at Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK. In conjunction with ACYIG. Organizers: Jason Danely and Patrick Alexander
- 2015 “Health Disparities in Aging” Held at Florida International University, Miami. Organizer: Iveris Martinez
- 2011 “Health Informatics in an Aging Population” Held at University of Maryland, College Park, MD Organizer: Bo Xie
- 2009 “Aging, Health, and the Indigenous People of North America” Held at University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK Organizer: Lori Jervis
- 2007 “Language, Health, and Aging” Held at Penn State University, State College, PA Organizer: Bob Schrauf
- 2006 “Aging in Africa” Held at Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA Organizer: Sharon King
- 2005 “Aging in Asia” Held at University of Texas, Austin Organizer: John Traphagan
- 2004 “Intergenerational Research” & “Aging in Place and Space” Held at Washington University at St. Louis, St. Louis, MO Organizer: Peggy Perkinson
- 2003 “Culture and Dementia—II” Held at UCSF, San Francisco, CA Organizers: Linda Mitteness & Judith Barker
- 2002 “Culture and Dementia—I” Held at Northwestern University, Chicago, IL Organizers: Micki Iris & Rebecca Berman