While growing up in a small town in the eastern state of Bengal (India), our summer vacations would be spent in Kolkata at the maternal grandparents’ home. My grandfather would tell us haunting stories of poverty, hunger and death in the most quotidian manner. In doing so, he sought to make the spontaneity and unpredictability of life “knowable”.
- Meet the 2020 AAGE Margaret Clark Award Co-Winners
- AAGE Elections – Call for nominations!
- Book Review: Cole, Ellen and Lisa Hollis-Sawyer, eds. Older Women Who Work: Resilience, Choice, and Change. Washington: American Psychological Association. 2020. pp 282. Price: $59.99 (Paperback); $56.99 (eBook)
- Welcome to the new Co-Editors of Anthropology & Aging!
- Welcome to Brooke Jespersen, AAGE’s New Student Liaison!