- Last Post
Organizing a panel for an upcoming conference? Questions about AAGE events at conferences? Questions about the Biennial? Looking for roommates? Got a conference of your own to promote? Any and all discussions about conferences are here.
- 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Policy and Engagement
Several AAGE members are directly involved in influencing policies and engaging in advocacy activities to protect and enhance the roles for older people in society. From the movement to support a UN Convention on the Rights of Older Persons, to local community efforts to improve safe housing, healthcare, transportation, and well-being, we believe that discrimination and inequalities based on age and ability need to be addressed by everyone. This forum is a place to interact with other members on these issues, to bring attention to actions that members can get involved in, and to get more information about ways we can be a voice of tolerance and compassion in these challenging times.
- 2 years, 8 months ago
student member forum
This forum can be used to draw on our members' base of knowledge and experience to answer questions from students, including questions about research, networking, professionalization, job searches and opportunities.
- No Topics
- Book Review: Coe, Cati. The New American Servitude: Political Belonging among African Immigrant Home Care Workers. New York: NYU Press. 2019. pp. 304. Price: $32 (Paperback)
- Book Review: Gatta, Mary. Waiting on Retirement: Aging and Economic Insecurity in Low-Wage Work. Stanford CA: Stanford University Press. 2019. pp 184. Price: $85 (Hardcover); $23.85 (Paperback).
- AAGE 2021 Elections! Meet the Candidates, and VOTE by Nov 1
- Surviving COVID-19 in Peru
- Falling off the cliff: Mythical sacrifice mirrored in Sweden’s COVID-19 response