- Last Post
Organizing a panel for an upcoming conference? Questions about AAGE events at conferences? Questions about the Biennial? Looking for roommates? Got a conference of your own to promote? Any and all discussions about conferences are here.
- 3 years, 5 months ago
Policy and Engagement
Several AAGE members are directly involved in influencing policies and engaging in advocacy activities to protect and enhance the roles for older people in society. From the movement to support a UN Convention on the Rights of Older Persons, to local community efforts to improve safe housing, healthcare, transportation, and well-being, we believe that discrimination and inequalities based on age and ability need to be addressed by everyone. This forum is a place to interact with other members on these issues, to bring attention to actions that members can get involved in, and to get more information about ways we can be a voice of tolerance and compassion in these challenging times.
- 1 year, 6 months ago
student member forum
This forum can be used to draw on our members' base of knowledge and experience to answer questions from students, including questions about research, networking, professionalization, job searches and opportunities.
- No Topics
- Aging and Social Justice: A slow-motion virtual conference
- In and outside the nursing home: On the (im)possibilities of meaningful contact while being held apart
- On Vulnerability, Resilience, and Age: Older Americans Reflect on the Pandemic
- How is the pandemic affecting people with dementia? A case study
- “Out of options”: The implications of COVID-19 for hospitalized patients with cognitive impairment