“They are my daughter’s blood. I couldn’t watch my blood suffer,” an elderly grandmother in Uganda told me. She was referring to her daughter’s four orphaned children, explaining why she refused to allow the children to go live with their father’s clan – the clan that is traditionally responsible for the upbringing of orphaned […]
- Book Review: Pasveer, Bernike, Oddgeir Synness and Ingunn Moser, eds. Ways of Home Making in Care for Later Life. London: Palgrave Macmillan. 2020. Price: $125 (Hardcover); $101 (eBook)
- Book Review: Cohan, Deborah, J. Welcome to Wherever We Are: A Memoir of Family, Caregiving, and Redemption. New Brunswick, New Jersey: Rutgers University Press. 2020. pp. 184. Price: $26.95 (Hardcover; eBook).
- Magdalena Zegarra Chiappori (University of Michigan), an AAGE Student Member Profile
- Barbara Pieta (Max Planck Institute), an AAGE Student Member Profile
- Kimberly Shay (Wayne State University), an AAGE Student Member Profile