By Rachael Stryker In spring 2010, Tennessee adoptive mother, Torry Ann Hansen, sent her seven-year-old adopted son, Artyom (Justin) Savelyev, back to his native country of Russia with a note that effectively said “Return to Sender.” Her reasons? That the child was “not in his right mind,” “violent,” and “mentally unstable” (Batty 2010). In the […]
- Book Review: Coe, Cati. The New American Servitude: Political Belonging among African Immigrant Home Care Workers. New York: NYU Press. 2019. pp. 304. Price: $32 (Paperback)
- Book Review: Gatta, Mary. Waiting on Retirement: Aging and Economic Insecurity in Low-Wage Work. Stanford CA: Stanford University Press. 2019. pp 184. Price: $85 (Hardcover); $23.85 (Paperback).
- AAGE 2021 Elections! Meet the Candidates, and VOTE by Nov 1
- Surviving COVID-19 in Peru
- Falling off the cliff: Mythical sacrifice mirrored in Sweden’s COVID-19 response