While growing up in a small town in the eastern state of Bengal (India), our summer vacations would be spent in Kolkata at the maternal grandparents’ home. My grandfather would tell us haunting stories of poverty, hunger and death in the most quotidian manner. In doing so, he sought to make the spontaneity and unpredictability of life “knowable”.
- In Memoriam: Madelyn (Micki) Iris, PhD
- Anthropology & Aging Co-Editor Application Deadline Extended
- As visiting restrictions continue, elders in Danish plejehjem are experiencing a ‘stolen spring’
- Theater Review: The Other, a play by Megan Moodie, Jersey City Theater Center (May 20, 2020)
- Book Review: Brainer, Amy. Queer Kinship and Family Change in Taiwan. Rutgers University Press. 2019. Price: $100 (Hardback); $29 (Paperback and Ebook).