Kudos! Joy Ciofi (Georgia State University) recently completed her PhD from the University of Connecticut. Her dissertation, entitled “Aging and Identity in the Landscape of the Mega-Casino,” focused on older adults, retirement, and casino use in the Northeast US. Drawing on two years of ethnographic research, she argues that argue that “the overwhelming majority of […]
- In Memoriam: Madelyn (Micki) Iris, PhD
- Anthropology & Aging Co-Editor Application Deadline Extended
- As visiting restrictions continue, elders in Danish plejehjem are experiencing a ‘stolen spring’
- Theater Review: The Other, a play by Megan Moodie, Jersey City Theater Center (May 20, 2020)
- Book Review: Brainer, Amy. Queer Kinship and Family Change in Taiwan. Rutgers University Press. 2019. Price: $100 (Hardback); $29 (Paperback and Ebook).